Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bargain Shopper

Now that Roy and I are on one income we are trying to save money where we can. Like eating at home, Roy takes his lunch to work, etc. Well I went grocery shopping yesterday and for the first time ever I used coupons and shopped the sales at Fry's. As I was checking out the cashier was ringing up my groceries and I was looking at the total like, Oh my goodness I did not think I was spending this much. But at the very end, he scanned my Fry's card and then my coupons. My total was $88.02 and then it came down to $52.36. I was so super excited. I saved $35.66! Oh yeah bargain shopper! ha ha
Well the moral to this story is I want to be able to save money like that all the time if not save more. So I need your help. Do any of you have any good strategies, Internet sites, or ideas for coupons or just being a savvy shopper. Please comment or email me your ideas. It will be much appreciated.

4 comments:

Katy said...

Jared's sister goes to a coupon site online that tells her which stores to go to for sales and which coupons to use ect. The other day she actually got money BACK from the cashier!! The site she goes to is called couponsense you might want to try that out and see what kind of good deals you can get. I know she gets things for free alot, and I mean alot because she uses it!! Good luck!! :) and Happy shopping!!!

Kay said...

I'm not much of a coupon person, and since we are limited on stores out here in he boonies, I have to rely on the weekly ads. They show you the good sales. You can pick them up at the front of the store, if they don't already get sent to you. Sometimes the adds have their own coupons in them.

Also, Walmart will price match any competitors price as long as you have the ad.

Way to go on bargin shopping! It's harder than it looks. :)

The Fish Family said...

I agree with Coupon Sense. I have been doing it for a while and you can save a ton of cash. My friend went to Fry's the other day, spent like $38 bucks and saved over a $100. It is awesome. Good luck!

Sandy said...

OK You hit a week spot of mine. I play secret spy coupon shopper games with my sister, because I'm cool like that. I did coupon sense for a while, it is very helpful, but it does cost a monthly fee. I finally changed my ways and now use a site for free that does basically the same thing check out www.pinchingyourpennies.com
I use to average over a 50% savings on everything. The only thing is it does take time to figure it all out, but if you got the time, you go girl. If you want more good info I can tell you all the ins and outs. Be careful because once you are allowed into my secret coupon society you can never go back.