Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Home Sweet Home

So since many of you haven't been out to see our house. I decided I would share some of the projects I have done around here. This first picture is of the front of the house. Isn't it pretty?!






Now the diamonds on the wall are in the eating area of our kitchen. This little project took me about 2 days. But it is worth every minute of it. The little dots you see on the tips of every diamond is a Coca-Cola bottle cap. By the way Coca-Cola is the theme of kitchen. Also the black paint on the right is a magnetic chalkboard. Cool huh?
This is the entry way. After I got done doing this, I wasn't sure if I liked it but as you can see it stayed.

Ok, now this next picture is my pride and glory. This is up stairs in our loft which we are turning into a game room. Thanks to my awesome Grandma and Uncle Jeremy we now have a pool table up there. (More the reason to come visit-hint, hint) I know that paint is a bright orange but if anybody out there knows me, they know I love bright colors. I did this on 2 walls in this room and it took me 3 whole days. I thought I was going to give up. But it turned out amazing.


This is a guest bathroom upstairs. Pink, orange and Lime green...beautiful!!! The dots are just vinyl stickers.


Roy is a huge University of Michigan fan and I am such a great wife. Our bedroom, yes you heard that right ladies, our bedroom is decorate with Michigan colors. I actually find it to be fun because they make everything you can possibly image, with a Michigan logo or something on it. The helmet is just another vinyl sticker that we just stuck up. If you look closely the green part have the dash lines like a football field.
Go Blue


This last picture is of our backyard. It's not finished yet. The area that looks like a pool would go is going to be fake grass. But that will come when we can afford it. I didn't not do this, I just helped plan it. But there is a fire pit. (Another great reason to come visit, especially now that it is getting colder!!) We also planted a orange tree and lemon tree.










6 comments:

Katy said...

Your house is so fun! I really like your kitchen and game rooms!! We should get together sometime so I can see it in real life, ya? Anyhow, great job on decorating, you are so creative!!

Kay said...

I love the silver paint and the orange paint. I would never be that bold to paint something like that... You're too crazy! I can't wait to come out and see it sometime for myself. Someday, right??

Karolynn Kay said...

Wow you are creative. My kids already told me they want your orange room as their own. What fun! Maybe I can visit you when I up in Mesa for Thanksgiving. Hope to see you-Karolynn

cahoonfamily said...

I love what you have done with your house. It makes me excited for the day we have our own house and can do whatever we want. The military has so many restrictions...go figure! We will be there in January so hopefully we can come and find you and Roy.

Burgess said...

Hey, I don't know if you know me -- I'm Shenique and Holli Turley's cousin. I think I went to church with you in Holbrook like 10 years ago. ANYWAY -- I just found your blog through Kay's and I'm just going to say -- I'm in love with your house!!! I love someone who can step out of the norm and do something exciting! GOOD JOB!

Burgess said...

I have seen you at UNO (that's a long drive), I just didn't know if you knew who I was so I didn't say anything. I will next time, though!