Sunday, January 9, 2011

1st Week of the New Year!!

This first week of the new year has been an eventful one and our new years resolutions are under way. We actually started our the Monday after Christmas and have been doing good ever since!

Monday, I took Marlee's bottles away!! That morning we went downstairs and she help me pack them up!! She did great the first day! Didn't even seem to faze her until day #2! That day she was a nightmare! The first part of the morning she was screaming and crying, which she rarely does but after that day she seem to figure out that they weren't coming back! She has done good ever since!

Tuesday, or I think I was Tuesday! ha ha We got a call from Social Security!! Roy has been approved! I was so relieved and thankful! Roy and Marlee will be receiving checks from Social security disability! What's even better is that we will receive a retro check for 2 months!! again, so very thankful!!

Thursday, Roy had a Doctors appointment and I thought we were getting his Peg-tube out but it's a different kind of tube, one that is stitched in on the inside of his stomach! So we go to Casa Grande on Wednesday, where Roy will be lightly sedated. They will go through his mouth to take it out! Oh yummy! At first, I was scared because I didn't want Roy to be put to sleep and on a ventilator again but Doctor reassured me that it will be a light sedation!
Then later Thursday, I was helping Roy with something ( can't remember) but then all of a sudden Marlee is screaming bloody murder. I go over to her and the 5 pound weight next to Roy's bed is on the floor. I immediately so grab an ice pack and the Tylenol. She won't let me touch or even try and look at it. She also won't stand up! So I laid her down put the ice one it and gave her a sippy cup of milk. After about a half hour I put her down for a nap! She slept for 2 hours and when she woke up she was jumping in bed like normal! The foot hasn't seem to bother her since! YIPPIE!!

Friday, I took Roy into therapy to see how that was going! Man they really work him! He was even sweating a little bit! It was good to see he work hard!! Our amazing friend Jenna watched Marlee for us so I didn't have to run after her all day at therapy!

Saturday, we have an aide come in and sit with Roy! Well they come other days too but I like Saturdays because it's from 8-4 and I can go and get out of the house for a bit. So Marlee and I went to the mall, which I haven't been in forever! It looked so different!, then to Target! I got Roy 3 outfits with gift cards he got for his birthday! Thanks everyone for those!! We will got home Marlee decided to trip on the ramp in the garage and now she has a huge fat lip! She was so good though because she sucked on 5 or 6 cubes of ice so it doesn't look to bad! Also, after I got the car unloaded, the aide ( that was a fill in by the way) told me that she had trouble getting Roy off the toilet! She had to lower him to the floor and then go grab the neighbors to help get him back up! She felt so bad! Roy was ok, actually he was laughing about when I asked him about it later! We joked that he had fallen and couldn't get up! Poor Roy and aide!

So today is Sunday and I wonder what is in store for us today! Hopefully it will just be a day of rest!!


Kay said...

After a week like that, you definitely deserve a nap! :) Hope this isn't how the rest of your year is going to be! I'm glad to see that you are blogging more!

McGee said...

remember when you were all I'm just going to blog and not mess with Facebook?....yeah that turned out really good ;) I love you and miss you! you need to post some pics of my little Marlee!