Tuesday, June 9, 2009

She has a name

For some reason, I thought I had posted that we have finally decided on a name. But my friend Kay has brought it to my attention that I haven't. But yes we have decided on a name. It took a lot of going back and forth and going through several names but the one we decided on is..............

Marlee Zane
Roy one day got out of the shower was like, Do you like the name Marley. I said yeah I like it. He said yeah after Bob Marley. (which he is Jamaican and so is Roy, well half) He said lets name her that. At the time I thought it was cute but I wasn't set on that name for our little girl. I told him I would think about it. When I was thinking about it, I was like oh wait we could use Zane with Marley and that works good. I really wanted to use Zane because it is my Grandma McGee's middle name and I have always loved it. But it is a hard name to fit with other names so when it went with Marley I was excited. So a few more days of thinking about it, I was sold but I had to change the way I spelled it. So that's the story and we are stickin to it.
P.S. We will call her Marlee

4 comments:

Katy said...

Oh my gosh I love it!!! Such a cute name!!

Jen said...

Hi Ali! I'm so glad you found my blog!! How did you find it, by the way>??

And you're having a girl!! That's so exciting! Having a baby is awesome, let me just say. Sleepless nights and all, it's worth it and somehow, I still wake up happy, even in the very beginning when I'd get three hours a night!! But that won't last long, promise.

Anyway, we should catch up! My email is:
jennifer@mullenaux.net

Talk to you soon!

Jen said...

By the way, I love the name you chose for your little girl! SO CUTE!

Mallory said...

I LOVE IT!! jon and i said that if hanna was born on 4/20 that we would name her Marley hahaha... but she was born on 4/21 so she is Hanna instead! :)